China cut off internet in area of Tibetan unrest
Internet connections and mobile phone signals were cut for 30 miles around scene of clashes in Sichuan, state media reports.
Chinese officials cut off mobile phone and internet connections to areas where Tibetans were shot dead amid unrest last month, state media has reported.
Officials say security forces fired in self-defence after mobs of rioters attacked police and official buildings in the south-western province of Sichuan, resulting in two deaths.
Tibetan exiles and campaign groups say police fired at peaceful protesters and killed at least three people.
It has been impossible to verify accounts of the unrest. Foreign reporters attempting to visit the region have been turned back, with officials blaming bad weather and the state of the roads.
Pictured: Chinese soldiers in Chengdu, Sichuan province. It has been impossible to verify accounts of the unrest in Luhuo. Photograph: Peter Parks/AFP/Getty Images
via: escenariosreg , source: escenariosreg
tagged as: tibet, china, sichuan, media, internet, cutoff, militarized, lockdown, protest, oppression,
- dongdey reblogged this from escenariosreg
- toobelowpar reblogged this from escenariosreg
- pemakingpin reblogged this from fuckyeahtibet
- thegreatfuckening likes this
- auroracosmicjisms reblogged this from fuckyeahtibet
- bksspeck reblogged this from fuckyeahtibet
- viomatic reblogged this from fuckyeahtibet
- coyotlcoatl reblogged this from fuckyeahtibet
- fuckyeahtibet reblogged this from escenariosreg
- verdantdruid likes this
- moreofamore likes this
- psychedelicmandala reblogged this from escenariosreg
- psychedelicmandala likes this
- radiofreemars reblogged this from redstaroverchina and added:
- nadiiraa likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- certainlyuncertain9988 likes this
- clanarmstrong likes this
- redstaroverchina reblogged this from escenariosreg and added:
- escenariosreg posted this